Woman accidentally swallows spoon in attempt to retrieve fish bone stuck in throat

April 23, 2019  10:47

Nanyang Siang Pau reported that a woman in Shenzhen, China, accidentally swallowed a 13cm metal spoon while attempting to retrieve a fish bone stuck in her throat.

What was bizarre was that the spoon remained in her body for days as she did not experience any pain or discomfort before she decided to see a doctor 10 days later.

The procedure took 10 minutes.

The doctor said that she could have had internal bleeding if she came later.

Source: asiaone.com

Follow NEWS.am Medicine on Facebook and Twitter

loading...

  • Video
 
 
 
  • Event calendar
 
  • Archive
 
  • Most read

month

week

day

 
  • Find us on Facebook
 
  • Poll
How much money are you ready to donate each month treatment and rehabilitation of patients with psychiatric disorders?
2500 AMD
5000 AMD
More than 10 000 AMD
Not ready to donate