14:43 18 May, 2022
Kidney damage is a deadly pathology if not treated in time.
When the kidneys stop filtering toxins, the body overloads itself with them, which can lead to life-threatening renal failure, MedicForum reported.
There can be many causes of kidney damage. Some of the most common are:
- The effects of some chronic or acute illnesses
- Severe dehydration
- Inadequate blood flow to the kidneys
- Direct exposure to toxic elements
So what happens the moment the kidneys become overwhelmed? We may observe the following symptoms:
- Sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- Unexplained swelling in the legs, ankles and feet due to fluid retention
- Difficulty breathing
- Extreme fatigue, loss of energy
- Chest pains or pressure
- Change of urine color
- Foamy urine with a pungent, unpleasant odor
- For all such symptoms, seek medical attention without delay.