4 Armenian children, adults transferred to hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning

January 20, 2020  19:00

Four members of a family in Aralez village of Armenia’s Ararat Province have been hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The medical center of the city of Vedi told NEWS.am Medicine’s correspondent that two of the injured are minors, including a 7-year-old girl and 9-year-old boy, and the other two are the children’s mother and grandmother. They were transferred to the hospital on Sunday evening after they started feeling bad at home.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is one of the most toxic components of substances that emerge after something is burnt. Breathing carbon monoxide for a long time may lead to heart failure, myocardial stroke, stroke, and in case of serious poisoning, there may be convulsions, coma and death.

People are most often poisoned in closed areas where there is no proper air conditioning. Since carbon monoxide is colorless and has no smell, a person doesn’t suspect that that there is carbon monoxide in the air.

When poisoned with carbon monoxide, many people want to sleep, and this is very dangerous and can cause death.

Follow NEWS.am Medicine on Facebook and Twitter


 
  • Video
 
 
  • Event calendar
 
  • Archive
 
  • Most read
 
  • Find us on Facebook
 
  • Poll
How much are you ready to pay monthly for health insurance?
7-10% of salary
10 000 AMD and more
Up to 10 000 drams
Up to 5000 drams
I don’t want to pay for insurance