How to get rid of chubby cheeks: Tips from experts

December 1, 2022  14:48

To get rid of chubby cheeks, you need to reduce your salt intake, suggests nutritionist Mike Bohl. He and fitness trainer Anthony Jung identified some simple ways to reduce facial volume in a piece for Eat This, Not That!

According to Bohl, in most cases it is impossible to lose weight locally because weight is lost evenly throughout the body. However, some people have fat deposits that are localized to certain areas, particularly the face. To get a clearer facial contour, a nutritionist recommends following simple rules:

  • Consume less salt. This is due to the fact that it contains sodium, which retains water.
  • Pay attention to low-calorie foods high in fiber, such as celery, carrots, watermelon, lettuce, cucumbers, citrus fruits, apples and pineapples. They are worth adding to your diet for more effective weight loss.
  • It is important to watch your calorie deficit and try to eat as much plant foods as possible.

To get rid of excess weight in the facial area, fitness trainer Anthony Jung advised doing cardio workouts two to three times a week and doing exercises with weights. According to him, it is important to eat healthy and wholesome food 80 percent of the time, and in the remaining 20 percent you can indulge yourself with your favorite delicacies. It is important to avoid convenience foods.

Follow Medicine on Facebook and Twitter

  • Related News
  • Video
  • Event calendar
  • Archive